Hearing loss, often with gradual onset, can be brought on by the aging process, exposure to excessively loud noises (referred to as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss or NIHL), head or ear trauma, genetic factors, ototoxic medications and a number of other causes. According to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, approximately 28-million Americans have some degree of hearing loss, with NIHL being the number one cause.
- Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you increase the volume on the television or radio to higher levels?
- Do you struggle to follow along in conversations?
- Do you often complain that other people mumble?
- Do you miss sounds such as alarms, the telephone or doorbell?