Searching for relief from tinnitus can seem like an uphill battle. You may feel like you have tried everything, even visiting a hearing doctor in Pierce County, WA. However, new developments and technologies have made way for new treatments of tinnitus. The Levo System uses sound therapy while you’re asleep to treat your specific tinnitus sounds. Keep reading for more information about how the Levo System works, and if it may be right for you:
- Works while you sleep: Requiring no additional time on the part of the patient, the software is listened to while the patient sleeps and works while the brain is at its most flexible and receptive to cortical habituation.
- Identifies your unique sound: During the initial screening, each patient’s unique tinnitus frequency and tone are identified, and a personalized program is created based on your specific sound.
- FDA approved: The Levo System is patented and uses an FDA-cleared software platform. It also has CE mark, CSA certification and ISO 13485 2013 Edition.
- Backed by neuroscience: The system and therapy is grounded in the neuroscientific field of cortical plasticity and based on the knowledge that the brain remodels itself while we sleep.
- Interacts with neural activity: The new sound created by the software interacts with the patient’s neural activity so new connections are built and the sounds of tinnitus can no longer be heard.
- Personalized therapy: Tinnitus is as varied as the number of people affected by the condition, and the Levo System personalizes each program depending on the patient’s unique frequency and tone that they hear.
- Help family understand: Once your unique sound is identified, you can share it with your family and friends so that they can better understand what you’re going through and the sound you live with.
- Smart responsiveness: The Levo Therapy System tracks patient use and responsiveness to the therapy, ensuring that target goals are met.
- Integrative: The software integrates the Tinnitus Functional Index, which measures and monitors tinnitus impact.
- Customized earbuds: If sleeping with earbuds is uncomfortable for you, you can have specially customized earbuds created just for your ears, maximizing your comfort while using the system.
- Apple iPod Touch: The software is available on a convenient Apple iPod Touch, which is provided for you at your appointment.
The Levo System was developed by the team at Otoharmonics Corporation. It is especially useful for those with tinnitus who hear hissing, rushing or very high or very low pitches. If you’re ready to experience relief from your tinnitus and see if you’re a candidate for the personalized therapy, call a hearing doctor in Pierce County, WA at Harbor Audiology & Hearing Services Inc. Whether you are searching for tinnitus relief or are in need of hearing aids, we will make sure you get the solution that’s right for you. We’re independently-owned, giving us the ability to take all forms of insurance and work with each of our patients. Reach out to us today to learn more—we look forward to helping you!
Categorised in: Hearing Doctor