Although we don’t have flying cars yet, our society has made some major advancements over the past few decades. One field that’s seen a ton of technological improvements is hearing health. New products and apps make our lives a whole lot better by making it easier to hear or live with hearing aids. Continue reading to learn more about some of the best features of today’s hearing aid products in Pierce County, WA:
- Bluetooth compatibility: If you have a newer model of hearing aid, they can most likely wirelessly connect to your phone and other devices via Bluetooth. A Bluetooth connection improves your signal-to-noise ratio and also eliminates feedback from the microphone. If your hearing aids don’t have Bluetooth compatibility, consider upgrading them today.
- Smartphone apps: Hearing aid manufacturers have gotten into the application game and now make apps specifically for your hearing aids. With these apps, you can easily adjust the volume on your hearing aids, contact your hearing aid provider, check the battery life on your device and much more. Check the App Store to see if there’s an application built for your hearing aids.
- Artificial intelligence: Even if you are doing it from your smartphone, making manual adjustments to your hearing aids can be a challenge. However, you may be able to put those days behind you if your hearing aids are equipped with artificial intelligence features. AI in some models can learn your hearing preferences in certain environments and automatically adjust the sound for you.
- Tinnitus masking features: Ringing in the ears, known as tinnitus in the medical community, is common among elderly patients and those with other hearing issues. Until recently, tinnitus was just something folks would have to live with, but not anymore! Some of the most advanced hearing aid devices in Pierce County, WA emit sounds that eliminate the persistent ringing sound. With these new hearing aids, you’ll hear better than you have in years.
- Rechargeable batteries: Swapping out the tiny battery in a hearing aid every few weeks is both tedious and time-consuming, but you may never have to do that task again thanks to rechargeable batteries. Experts agree that most models of hearing aids will have rechargeable batteries within the next few years.
- Binaural processing: The term “binaural processing” means that your hearing aids communicate wirelessly with one another. Hearing aids with this technology mimic your brain’s ability to process sounds and information coming from both ears. This technology has actually been around for a while and is available in some of the more basic models of hearing aids. If your hearing aids don’t have binaural processing capabilities, it’s definitely time for an upgrade.
Are you ready to upgrade your hearing aid devices in Pierce County, WA, or do you need to get hearing aids for the first time? If so, it’s time to schedule an appointment with Harbor Audiology & Hearing Services Inc. We have four convenient locations in the area, making it easy for you to come in for a hearing screening.
Categorised in: Hearing Aids