At Harbor Audiology & Hearing Services, we’ve been serving patients in the Washington area with comprehensive hearing health care since 1998 including hearing evaluations and fitting patients with hearing aids. Hearing loss is becoming more prevalent. This isn’t just a problem for the elderly – hearing loss affects all ages and in different ways. We offer a variety of testing methods to find a solution to your unique hearing needs.
In an effort to best identify the presence, extent and location of hearing loss, we begin by having you fill out a medical and hearing loss case history questionnaire. After we discuss your hearing and communication challenges through an in-depth consultation, we perform a series of tests, including:
- OAEs: Objective diagnostic testing for evaluating the health of the cochlea’s (inner ear) outer hair cells. This test is great for our pediatric patients who cannot complete a traditional hearing test
- Tympanometry: This diagnostic test shows the doctors how your middle ear is working, and whether the symptoms you’re experiencing might be able to be solved through medical intervention
- Acoustic Reflex/Decay: This diagnostic test is used when the doctors suspect certain pathologies that can affect the way sound travels through the auditory pathway.
- Speech in Noise: Determines how background noise interferes with your hearing. People who suffer from hearing loss often complain about difficulty with background noise, so these evaluations are especially important. These test can be completed with and without hearing aids to show the overall benefit of the instrument’s noise reducing programs.
- Real-time instrument programming: A test that allows us to “visualize” the sound that is actually reaching your ear drums through your hearing aids. This is a visual tool that allows Audiologists to “see” what sounds you’re missing.
- VNG: This comprehensive test allows your audiologist to help in the diagnosis of balance disorders. Your audiologist will often combine a hearing evaluation with this test to give a complete view of the inner ear’s functionality.
- Industrials: Quick hearing screeings and OSHA approved hearing conservation education.
- Custom made ear plugs for many different applications: Sleep plugs, frequency response preserving plugs for musicians, solid plugs for construction and heavy equipment operations.
Visit Us Today
We will go through an in-depth analysis of your test results with you to find a solution that best suits your needs, even if that solution is providing you with a hearing aid. We are passionate about providing you with comprehensive audiology services and complete care to improve your hearing and your quality of life.
Contact us today today to schedule your hearing evaluation. We look forward to providing our world class hearing and audiology services to you at our practices conveniently located throughout Western Washington. We have six convenient locations, in Gig Harbor, Port Angeles, Sequim, Silverdale, Bainbridge Island, and Tacoma, WA.